The Bible is God's word. It is a way God communicates with us and how we get to know Him and His character. This means it is so important that we are reading it regularly!
As people who participate in sport, we are constantly bomb barded by ideas, behaviours and philosophies which are contrary to God's. The Bible tells us the reality about life, the world and God.
Sport God's Way want to help you to dig into the Bible.
Here is a suggestion to help you get started.
1. Choose a book to start reading, throughout the coming days. Maybe John or Colossians to start.
2. Get into a routine where you allow 15-30min to read God's word and pray each day.
3. Read just a chapter or a section on the book you are reading. You might want to read it through more than once. As you read remember that the Bible is not about you, everything in the Bible is about Jesus and his glory. This will effect how you interpret it
4. Reflect on what you have read. Here is a suggestion to help you reflect:
Summarise the passage. Just a quick dot point summary to help understand what is doing on.
Write down some questions if you have them.
What does this passage tell me about God?
What does this passage tell me about people?
How does this effect my life practically or how does this change my thinking?
5. Pray about the passage you just read and also for other things/people that need prayer. (Don't forget to pray that your teammates come to know Jesus!)
If you need a reminder to help you with your Bible reading, subscribe to the 'Weekly Bible Reading Reminder' group or the 'Daily Bible Reading Reminder' in the settings of the Sport God's Way app. You will receive a notification each week or everyday reminding you to read the Bible.
If you do not have a Bible, contact us and we will get one to you.